What is a Flat Lay?
A wedding flat lay is a photo that is artistically styled with your wedding invites and meaningful wedding day details and accessories. You may have come across these images of invites beautifully arranged with florals, invites, and other details. Although, these are more than just a pretty image! They carry with them the story of your day and all the little things you will be reminiscing on after you wedding. Such a beautiful way to capture important memories.
What do you need?
What should you provide your photographer? Before I begin, I recommend to put together all these things in a box to hand to your photographer in the morning around the time they arrive. This guarantees that you have everything all in the right place and are not forgetting anything. Furthermore, if you do not have or do not want to bring something in this list, then don't! It is your day and you should fill it with the things that you want.
What to Bring
Remember to include things that are meaningful to you and speak to your relationship with your history, your spouse, ect.
Here are some good examples:
- Your invitation suite
- Be sure to keep any items in a way to where they will be stored to stay laying flat!
- I also recommend bringing 1-2 envelopes as well for styling purposes
- Save the Dates
- A sentimental ring box
- If you do not have a ring box that your in love with, ask your photographer! I personally bring a ring box to my weddings just in case, but other photographers may not.
- Be sure you have BOTH the bride and groom's rings if you want them well photographed.
- This includes any earrings, necklaces, cufflinks, watches or any heirloom jewelry!
- Shoes (bride and/or groom)
- Groom's boutonniere
- Floral Trimmings
- Be sure to ask your florist in advance if they have any leftover trimmings or flowers for your photographer to use
- Any other sentimental item
- feel free to be creative with anything that is meaningful to you!